zapzen

A place where I get to rant, rave and point out the seemingly obvious, but which I'm constantly amazed to find is not as crystal clear to others. Guess the old saying about there being no single objective reality is true after all!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Those 3 little words

One of the most common responses I hear from people around me almost every day, when the talk turns to the state of this country, is "it's NOT SO BAD".

Of these people I want to ask one simple question:

Exactly what part of 1 rape every 8 minutes, 36 000 murders a year, and 160 000 other violent crimes a year do you find NOT SO BAD?

To my mind anyone who finds this state of affairs NOT SO BAD is either:
- from another planet
- certifiably insane
- just plain morally repulsive

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Roy Blumenthal said...

Dude! I just can't BELIEVE those statistics!!!! They're not just bad, they're TERRIBLE!

I'm VERY disappointed in the criminals in this country. I would have thought those stats would be MUCH higher by now!

Some of these criminals JUST AREN'T TRYING!!!!

Blue skies
love
Roy

9:42 pm  
Blogger Zapruder said...

I know! That's not even 100 murders a day - maybe it's that old idea that when the sun shines, people prefer to lie in it and the work ethic goes out the window. How are we ever going to get the government's attention at such low levels of endeavour?

4:04 pm  
Blogger Mommy said...

You just labelled our president a crazy immoral Martian. I like that.

3:16 pm  
Blogger A shade of Red said...

Zombies from out of space are living amongst us? And I thought all along it was me that didn't belong here...now I have something to blame....that's not so bad indeed;)

1:05 pm  
Blogger Zapruder said...

jam & SoR - you mean you thought Men in Black was fiction?

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home